Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Guest Room Preview

OK. Here they are; the pictures I promised from my guest room project. First, I must say - it's not done, yet. Secondly, I am not a designer and no where near the skill level that I've seen some of you lovely ladies in Bloggy Land possess. Lastly, almost everything in the entire guest room has been FREE. Considering all the above statements - I'm very pleased with how this is turning out.

This is the sitting/reading nook that we use during homeschool for reading time. Both chairs were FREE. So was the end table. I'm not sold on leaving it this color, though - or if this is where it's going to stay. All things are subject to change. This lamp and the one on the end table by the bed (you haven't seen it, yet) were both GIVEN to my by the guy at the Thrift Store. Yay! I made the lampshade that's on it with one of those pre-glued deals you buy at Jo-Ann Fabric. The plates on the wall are from my T.J.Maxx deals I posted about earlier. That cord won't be running down the wall after Thursday, either. Argh! The cubby behind the chairs and the one by the bed (you still haven't seen it) will have fabric panels hiding the stuff inside. I just haven't found the right fabric, yet. OK - moving on...

The bed area you're looking at is to the right of the sitting/reading area you just saw. The bed and dresser (be patient!) were both FREE as well as the mattress and box springs. My mom recently re-vamped her bedroom and gave me her old bedding. I was pleased that it went with the carpet that was already there. Yay! I just love it when things work out! And there is my other FREE lamp. That table was pulled out the trash by my dear husband. You go, MW! The window frame and that bit of door off to the right are going to be painted the same color as the walls. The window is also going to have a treatment made out of the same fabric I find to use on the cubbies. And, moving on again...

This cubby area holds the FREE dresser that matches the headboard. I've yet to figure out what I'm going to do with the top of it. Like I said, it's a work in progress. I'll post more pictures of the finished room whenever that day arrives.

I'll show better close ups of some of the things in the room tomorrow. Well, I'm off to make supper. Have a wonderful evening.

Pam
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. "FREE" is my favorite design term! You've done a great job, such a pretty bedroom and I'm sure very relaxing for your guests. I'm jealous of all of your great free stuff!
    Thanks for reading my feature over at Living with Lindsay today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE DOING A LOVELY JOB, AND I WOULD LOVE TO COME FOR A VISIT TO STAY IN THIS BEAUTIFUL ROOM.

    HUGS FROM MAINE

    http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm all for free stuff too! And I'm totally not above getting something out of the trash! Your room looks so pretty and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam: You've done a great job! That room looks very comfortable and peaceful. I love how the carpet and bedding go together so well-lovely job.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!