Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Indianapolis Zoo and White River Gardens

This past Saturday my family and I headed off for a fun-filled day at the Indianapolis Zoo and White River Gardens. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. The sun was shining. The temperature was comfortable. There was a gentle breeze. And the fact that it was Mother's Day weekend AND the weekend for the Indy 500 may have been contributing factors as to why the place wasn't busting at the seams. We have also realized through our past couple of trips that if we arrive at opening time we'll have several hours before the crowds really start to roll in.

Check out the swarming crowd. I jest, people. I jest.

Little Britches rode his first roller coaster. Yes, at the zoo.


He got to pet some sharks. We're not talkin' Jaws here y'all. What kind of a mother do you think I am?

We saw lions. And tigers. And bears. Oh, my!


Once we had explored everything there was to see at the zoo, we headed next door to White River Gardens. It was absolutely beautiful - and most of it wasn't even in bloom, yet! There are many different types of gardens there from the formal English garden to shade gardens, water gardens...There is even a Wedding Garden where people can get married or renew their vows. I would love to go back this summer when it is in full bloom.

This trip to the Indianapolis Zoo was much, much better than the last time when we went to the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa, Florida and I was attacked by a Satanic bird. Thank God! No drama is just fine with me! All in all, I had a magnificent Mother's Day weekend. I hope you did, too.

1 comment:

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!