Monday, July 20, 2009

We're Baa-aaack!


I must say that we are home from the best vacation of my life. Ever. Seriously. It was that good. We rented a cabin for the week in Nashville, IN. It's in Brown County, which is a very hilly forest. Gorgeous! Our cabin sat right in the skirts of Yellowwood State Forest, and it couldn't have been more perfect. It was secluded - just what we were looking for. The front porch had a rocker and a swing. The back porch was screened in and had a hot tub. It was perfect for viewing all of the wildlife. Then it had a large deck on one side that sat right up on the pond.


We lazed around all morning, then we would take off and putt around all afternoon. Nashville is an artist colony with 200 unique shops. The locals are the most laid back people I think I've ever seen in my life. You would really have to try to be stressed out there. Not only is Nashville right there - but, Brown County State Park is a definite must visit. It is 15,000 acres of forest. I think we are the only people ever to visit it (twice) and not see any deer, though. Seriously. I can't figure out what was up with that. But, the vistas were phenomenal, anyway. Pictures don't even come close to doing it justice.


There was so much to see and do that I couldn't possibly put it in one post. So, I'll spend the next couple of days sharing some of the highlights.



See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!