Thursday, March 11, 2010

How Am I Doing On My "TO DO" List?

I've been having a fairly productive week, so far.  I'm getting some things accomplished while still taking time to have a little fun with the boy.  That is, after all, important as well!

I thought I'd share a smidgen of what I did this week - starting with my bedroom.  I did get the curtain for my closet hemmed and pressed.  I didn't take a picture of it, though.  Because, well, it's just a white muslin piece of fabric.  That, and I didn't feel like moving the 50 gazillion bottles of essential oil that I can't seem to find a home for off my dresser and I wanted you to think I was a clean freak/organizational guru (gag) and they would have totally been in the picture and couldn't let my indiscrections be revealed.  Whew!  Did you get that?  Alrighty then.  Moving on...

Do you remember when I won a gift basket full of lavender items from Centsational Girl?  It had these beautiful linen napkins in it.


They were so beautiful that I didn't want to use them as napkins.  It would have broken my heart to see them forever ruined with red sauce.  Or butter.  Or boogers.  But I found a solution in which I could live with. 


I have 4 windows in our bedroom.  One more is on the right wall.  I had 4 napkins.  Do you smell the smoke coming from my ears?  They would become the valances for my windows.



Now, I get to look at them every day without fear of ruining them.  I simply hot glued the corners of the napkins to the molding.  When I'm ready to take them down - I can just peel them off the frames and pick the glue off of the the fabric with no problems.  That's my theory, anyway.  :0)  They should be able to be reused with no ill effects should I one day decide that they would indeed look beautiful covered in red sauce.  Or butter.  Or boogers.  But, enough about my valances.

Let's talk about global warming.  Naaah...But, we can talk about something that makes me warm and fuzzy.

Like, this pillow I made for my bed.


The pillow form I used was previously a standard pillow who had out-lived it's usefullness.  I cut it in half and stitched the opening closed to keep the stuffing from falling out.  The other half became a throw pillow for Isaac's room.  I would show you a picture of it (It's really cute.) but, that would mean that I would have to walk downstairs, actually take a picture of it, walk back upstairs, and load it onto the computer.  And, I'm much to lazy busy for that right now.  Thank you.  I knew you'd understand.

The white material used to be a Martha Stewart, white, cotton duck shower curtain that we used in FL.  I washed and dried it one too many times and my shower began to look like it was wearing capri pants.   Now, white capri pants may be perfectly acceptable in FL.  But, they look pretty silly in February in IN.  I just couldn't allow my new shower this horrendous fashion faux paux.  So, I repurposed it.  I've used the fabric to make a window covering for the school room, a table runner for the dining room and, now this pillow.  I still have fabric left, too. 

I wanted to make ruffles to go on it but the fabric was too heavy.  Or, I was too unskilled.  You decide.  Never mind.  Don't hurt me.  I'm feeling rather vulnerable right now.  Either way, rosettes it was.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


I think it needs some friends, though.  What do you think?

OK.  That wraps up the bedroom.  I'll share a bit from the other rooms (which still aren't completed, yet) later.

Smooches, y'all.

Pam

1 comment:

  1. Love what you've done with the linen napkins! They were much too pretty to mess up with stains, lol.

    The pillow is darling. Your bed is so big that it could certainly hold a few more pillows. Throw pillows are like icing on the cake IMO (though I still haven't found a good solution as to what to do with them all when in the bed...I don't want to trip on them.)

    Good job, working your way through that list but still spending time with the boy. Have fun at "The Jam"!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!