Thursday, June 10, 2010

Update and a Free DVD Offer

It was a week ago today that I had my gall bladder removed.  The surgery went well and I was home to sleep on my own reclining sofa that evening.  I have spent the past week recuperating and waiting for my energy and strength to return to pre-surgery status.  I thank those of you who took time to comment and encourage me with your stories and your prayers.  Hugs to you all.

This past week has given me plenty of time for contemplation and evaluation about how our days go, what we accomplish and whether or not the results are in line with what I want to have happen in our days.  The bottom line is; there are priorities that need to be restructured.  As I have been feeling a pull towards a more natural/simple life style in the areas of what we eat and how we live in general, I feel that pull more strongly in other areas lately. 

I am feeling the need to pull back more from technology.  Not that there is anything wrong with it.  On the contrary - I find it to be very helpful.  Sometimes too helpful.  It can tend to be a big time suck for me.  Even blogging anything worth reading takes a great deal of time to order the thoughts on the screen, spell check, edit and make it flow properly.  Obviously, I haven't written much worth reading in quite a while. :0)  But, then that leaves me riddled with guilt.  Between blogging, Facebook, and just checking my e-mails - I am spending way more time on this wonderful piece of technology we call the computer than I want to.

I would rather my days be spent on more productive things like gardening, working on my sewing projects, taking walks with my son and just spending more quality one on one time with him in general.  Even though we're home together every day, I feel that there are so many things that take my time and attention that we don't spend "quality" time together.  He is the only child I have.  I only have this season once.  There is no way to redeem time once it is gone.  I don't want to have regrets one day because I was too busy to give my attention to the things that are most important in my life. 

So, I have decided to give blogging and other areas of computer time a new place on my list of priorities. They are being demoted.  Actually, this blog has been severely neglected for a while.  But, I have decided to let go of the guilt of it.  :0)  I will check in on occasion - only if there is anything really worth reporting.  I truly admire those women that seem to be able to do projects, write beautiful blog posts about them every day and still manage to make quality time with their families.  Unfortunately, I don't happen to be one of those women who can do it all.  So, I'm coming to terms with that.  I'm letting go of some things that hinder and embracing the gifts I have before me.  I realize that some goals I have won't be easily reached without giving up quite a bit of  'screen time'. 

I dearly appreciate those of you who have stuck around to read my goings on!  Some of you have even become what I would consider friends. :0)  This isn't an absolute good-bye.  It's just an I'll be seeing you a little less often.  So, friends...let me share a great freebie with you before I go today.

NASA and The American Museum of Natural History have joined forces to create a free DVD for educators and parents entitled, Journey to the Stars.  It's a planetarium show about the amazing variety of stars that dot our cosmos--exploding stars, giant stars, dwarf stars, neutron stars, even our own star!  Just go to this link to sign up for your free copy!  This is a great offer, especially for you homeschoolers out there!

You'll still be in my thoughts with much love...

Pam

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to recover at home, and seem to be on the mend. And I'm enormously :( to learn that you're backing away from blogging. Though I completely understand. I've been contemplating the same for quite some time. Somehow my life seems to have gotten busier than ever all of a sudden, and with graduations, bridal showers and funerals to go to...my time is gone. Anyway, I'll be praying you are feeling better again soon my long lost sister. Hope to see you around from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pam! I had no idea you had your gallbladder removed. No wonder you have been on my heart so much. I have slacked online and in keeping up with you. Please forgive me my friend and know that I love you dearly.

    I applaud your decision and I will be thankful to hear from you when you can blog. I just need to figure out how to get it sent to my email so I can better keep up.

    My love to you! Thanks for the freebie. AJ loves the stars.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!