Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Indianapolis Zoo

As I mentioned in my last post, we recently made a trip to the Indianapolis Zoo.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  It's hard to imagine that mid October in Indiana could actually be considered warm.  But it was.  We couldn't have asked for a more lovely day.

Here are a few of my favorite memories...


Rhinos amaze me.  They're built like tanks.  I was surprised at how well they blend in with the dirt and rocks.


So darling!  This baby was just born in July, weighing in at over 200 pounds.  It was so sweet watching mama and baby together.


Who doesn't love a grizzly bear dining at the salad bar?


Did God create a creature any more beautiful?


These are the only sharks I'm not afraid of.  Evidently, Isaac wasn't either. :0) Nope, we ain't skeered.


Happy Feet, anyone?

But this... this was the best part of the day...



...time spent with people you love.

While we were there we had the unusual opportunity to witness another young couple's very private moment.  Chris noticed the man on one knee and before I could pull the camera from my purse and snap a picture for them, she had already said, "Yes!" with tears flowing and they were in a tender embrace.  It was all very sweet.  Can you feel the warm fuzzies?

People you love... that's what makes a day wonderful!

Peace, Love and Warm Fuzzies,
Pam

2 comments:

  1. A wedding proposal!!! Awesome. I happened upon one of those once in the airport. It is so special.

    My son and I thoroughly enjoyed these photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...sounds like a PERFECT kind of day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!