Monday, March 5, 2012

I Need Your Help..

OK, y'all...I've mentioned that I've been working on something huge that has kept me from blogging since the first of the year. I was hoping that I could keep it a secret until 'The Big Reveal'. But...I need help. So, I'm going to spill a little bit of the beans in hopes that somebody out there reading this might be able to help me - or at least point me in the right direction. :0)


I'm starting a business. It is going to include an Etsy shop, but I also have a chiropractor and nurse that owns a health food store already interested in carrying my products. I also have the opportunity to do some in-home parties. While this is all very exciting, there is the whole business end to deal with.  And, when I say business, I really mean taxes. Being tax season and all, I can't get into my tax guy right away for this issue. I know a lot of you have Etsy shops. Do we have to charge taxes on our products? If so, do we have to charge them for each state that would possibly be buying from us? Then there is the whole issue of selling retail. And, in multiple states. BAH! Anyone out there have experience with this or know someone who can point me in the right direction? Anyone? ANYONE? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?






3 comments:

  1. Pam,

    We have to collect sales tax for sales that occur in our state. If memory serves you're located in Indiana. We lived there a while back ('99-2001) and ran a small antique business. This link has a great overview of operating a business in Indiana - http://www.in.gov/sos/business/2428.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kari,

      Great memory! Thank you SOOOO much for the link. I will definitely be checking it out today!

      Delete
  2. Congrats Pam! I am excited to share some of your products with our readers!

    :)
    Sarah @ Crazy House Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!